Tuesday 22 February 2011

Saga's 20 days of WoW challenge: Day 4

Another entry for Saga's challenge:

Day 04 – Your best WoW memory

Tough one. Mostly due to the fact that I have the worst memory in the world, as my fellow guildie would attest to, having been recently led first into a side of a mountain and then into a dead end in RFC (yes, Ragefire Chasm, the first dungeon in WoW, designed to be easy, for nabs).

Of course though, there are the unforgettable, and the choice of 'best' is impossible to apply to just one - like your children, or chocolate. I therefore present you with the finest selection of chocolately children in no order of preference: (May contain nuts)

- Hitting level 80. This was actually on my DK as I was  levelling Reala alongside someone at the time and wanted something to do in my spare time. Nevertheless it was a joyous moment and the first realisation of how much there was to be beyond the level-cap.

- Downing the Lich King 3 days before Cata came out. I'm a Wrath baby so this was my first proper end-game kill. Even better is that I was surrounded by some of the best players I know, including my 'mentor priest' who taught me everything I knew up to that point. Even though he outgeared and outskilled me by a long-shot; it was a joy to heal beside him at end-game.

- My current guild, who I'm still all emo over because they're a great bunch.

- Sitting in Stormwind's tram station as if we owned the place before taking on more Alliance than you can shake a gnome on a stick at, ultimately resulting in me faceplanting on the steps of Stormwind's gates and getting lost on the ghost-walk back. Many laughs and screenshots were to be had.

There are many, many more fantastic memories I have of WoW, but these are a smattering from different aspects of the game. In truth, I like to think my best WoW memory has yet to be made.

~Reala