Tuesday 1 February 2011

Power Word: Meow


The other day my guild did something wonderful for one of it's number. I've been there for less three weeks and as far as I can tell there are 4 or 5 core members who seem to have known each other for a long while and, judging by their matching accents, come from the same place too!

The day before yesterday, our GM whispered me asking if I had any gold on a low level Alliance character on our server, what an odd question, I replied that I didn't and asked why. One of our officers had a 16 year old cat, who had died that morning. The guild was trying to get some gold together to get a cat companion pet from the Alliance AH for him. My heart melted.

We pooled our resources and in the end we got lucky and one became available on the neutral AH, our GM snapped it up, tied a red ribbon around it and five of us hunted our officer down as he did some archaeology. This was no small feat! Our GM (rogue) skulked around near him and gave us location updates as we flew from all over Azeroth and congregated high in the air to ensure we didn't cast a collective enormous shadow and make him think he was about to get an achi.

We swooped, set a beacon on him and danced and cheered as his new little feline pixel companion appeared at his side. Teary and choked up he thanked us.

Not since my very earliest days of WoW have I seen such a wonderful in-game event between players and I am honoured and thrilled to have been a part of it.

~Reala

My other experience, by the way, involved a murloc, Swedish pop music and a dance video that would melt your face, and is a story best kept for another time. Preferably once we're all dead.