Monday 7 February 2011

Saga's 20 days of WoW challenge: Day 1


Saga of Spellbound recently completed a 20 day WoW challenge and has posted her own, which I've been encouraged to take part in and will be posting in addition to my usual. Here's an overview:

Day 01 – Introduce yourself
Day 02
– Why you decided to start a blog
Day 03
– Your first day playing WoW
Day 04
– Your best WoW memory
Day 05
– Favourite item(s) in game
Day 06
– Your workplace/desk (photo and/or description)
Day 07 – The reason behind your blog’s name
Day 08
– 10 things we don’t know about you
Day 09
– Your first blog post
Day 10
– Blog/Website favourites
Day 11
– Bad habits and flaws
Day 12
– A usual day in your life/online time
Day 13
– People (players/bloggers) that you admire
Day 14
– This upsets you
Day 15
– Your desktop background (on your computer) and why you chose it
Day 16
– Things you miss (post Cataclysm)
Day 17
– Your favourite spot (in game or outside it)
Day 18
– Your favourite outfit
Day 19
– In your bags/bank
Day 20
– If this was your last day playing WoW, what would you do?

I'm going to keep all the answers chiefly WoW related as I don't want to bore everyone to tears with tedious details from my life (for those interested: contact me to be posted a laminated list of everything I'm good and shit at as well as a Judgement Poll).

So, off we go: Day 01 – Introduce yourself

Good afternoon inter-neds, I'm Reala, holy priest of the Kor'Gall EU server. I have played WoW since September 2009, which technically makes me a Wrath baby (oh the horror) but I like to think my attitude and play style suggest otherwise. I levelled as disc, healed through WotLK raids as disc and switched to Holy during early Cata. I have no DPS off-spec.

Before the days of the cross-server LFD tool, levelling as a disc priest exclusively was long and arduous. Shadow never held interest for me, although I have a level-capped Warlock I'm very fond of now, DPS isn't really my thing. I enjoy the uniqueness of the healing role in 5-mans and the dynamic of the healing team in raids. As someone completely lacking a maternal instinct it seems odd that my desire to protect and heal is one of my strongest attributes, manifesting itself in a love for animals IRL and in a draw to healing roles in-game (my preference for the young of other species over my own is an issue all on it's own I'm sure). The satisfaction I feel pulling a group through a  tricky heroic boss is far above and beyond the satisfaction I get from topping DPS meters.

Reala has always been my main and amongst a few lowbie alts and a lv80 DK, I have one level-capped alt, a warlock, who's main purpose in life is to go herbing and make gold for Reala to spend on her professions. I feel a bit bad about this.

~Reala