Friday 4 March 2011

Saga's 20 days of WoW challenge: Day 7

Continuing Saga's challenge:

Day 07 - The reason behind your blog's name

It's pretty self explanatory to anyone who's been in a raid/dungeon with a Holy Priest!

I arrived to the name of my blog pretty quickly once I'd decided I wanted to start one. As the blog followed after my WoW Twitter, I considered using a name similar to it (@realakorgall) but decided I wanted to encompass more than just who was talking.

I went through the list of holy priest abilities and spells on WoWhead for inspiration, as I scrolled connotations and memories that attached themselves to spells floated to the front of my mind and, and when I saw Lightwell - that was it.

Memories of changing from Disc to Holy in early Cata flooded in, with me running around frantically trying to learn my new spec and needing people to help me out by clicking the Lightwell. But they didn't. Thus was born the macro that still pops up when I place a Lightwell:

"CLICK THE LIGHTWELL. JUST CLICK THE DAMN LIGHTWELL. AND DON'T STAND IN SHIT"

It made groups laugh and, more importantly, it helped them remember to click the lightwell! (They still stand in shit).

~Reala